If you are a web developer or designer, then you will be well aware that different types of images and files are required while creating a website. After creating a website, we need to put that website, images, and official files on the server so that people can see and access it. Developers use one of the FTP clients to simplify this task.
Although many FTP clients are available on the web, here we will know about all the recommended FTP clients that upload all the details to the server easily and without any data loss.
What are FTP & FTP Clients and How to Use FTP Client?
FTP is a technique that is used to transfer files from client to FTP server. FTP is a type of protocol that sets certain rules for upload developer databases on the server. It also enables to download of website details from the server. FTP Clients is medium which helps to connect the client with the server so that client share web-database on the server or download all server data on the local system. To connect the client computer with the server need to provide the hostname, port number, FTP user name, and password. Moreover, users have to select the connection type “FTP-File Transfer Protocol”. Users can get all FTP information from the web hosting cPanel dashboard.
Best & Recommended FTP Clients to Share Website Database
WinSCP is one of the best FTP Client to exchange Web data between client and remote server. It comes with simple a user interface so that users can easily work on it and complete the data upload and download process. Its work environment contains all the server data on one side and all your local system database on the other side.
- This is a simple and open-source FTP Client.
- It supports FTP, FTPS, SCP, SFTP, WebDAV, and S3 file transfer protocols.
- The application also offers an integrated text editor.
- Also provides a Scripting/console interface with many commands.
- Users can install this solution on entire Windows systems.
- It enables users to encrypt user’s files on an SFTP server using AES-256 encryption.
- Facilitated Master Password facility for enhanced security.
FileZilla [Windows, MAC, and Linux]
FileZilla is one of the most sought-out open source FTP client software that makes downloading, uploading, and editing web files & other databases much easier. Its user-friendly interface so that users can easily access the database. The application offers a drag and drop facility so that users can share files between the local machine and server. This FTP client supports FTP, FTP over TLS (FTPS), and SFTP protocol.
- This is a free open-source tool for Windows, MAC, and Linux.
- Easily access and download multiple FTP server databases.
- The program offers a filter facility to easily filter and find some specific files.
- Speedily proceeds files downloading and uploading process.
- The software is available in multiple languages.
- Enables users to easily edit remote files as well as helps to safely compare directories.
Cyberduck [Windows and MAC]
Cyberduck is a perfect free FTP client for MAC and Windows systems. This professional solution support supports FTP, SFTP, Microsoft Azure, OneDrive, Google drove, Dropbox, WebDAV, Amazon S3, OpenStack Swift, Backblaze B2. It provides an easy work environment for beginner and advanced users that helps to easily connect to servers and share files. The software also provides advanced client-side encryption functionality and bookmarking capability.
- The utility is much secure and easy to use for both tech and non-tech users.
- Enables to fetch files from DropBox, Google Drive, or one drive and import files on the server.
- Allows users to edit the selected files which are imported on the server.
- Offers bookmarked option save logging history, bookmarked FTP server details, and other things.
- The utility supports FTP and SFTP, WebDAV, OpenStack Swift, Amazon S3, and Backblaze B2.
Transmit is the most powerful FTP client for MAC systems. Its Dual- pane interface makes all action much easier and simple for the users. The software provides a drag and drop facility to quickly exchange files between users and the server. It offers a batch file renaming option that helps to rename multiple files name at the same time. Here is much easier to share data from Backblaze B2, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft Azure, DreamObjects, and Rackspace Cloud Files.
- Much secure to use for Mac users and quickly synchronize data files.
- Supports FTP, FTPS, Amazon S3, SFTP, SSH, and WebDAV protocols.
- Come in English, French, German, and Chinese languages.
- Helps to quickly edit and update web files, and images.
- Enables users to access multiple servers at the same time.
- It offers a “Panic Sync” facility our data is encrypted with a symmetric key in a separate location.
Free FTP [Windows 8, 7, and vista]
Free FTP is a Fast and Efficient FTP Client for Windows systems. It also offers a drag and drops feature that helps to Uploading and downloading files and folders with ultra-fast speed. It comes with multiple advance feature that makes the file sharing process much effective and easier. The application offers a history option that helps users to remember where you stored a file. Users can use the pro version of this solution to use other advanced features, like- code editor, auto-completion, image viewer, etc.
- Provides easy to use interface to quickly and securely synchronize files among client and server.
- The application supports FTP, SFTP, FTPS, and HTTPS.
- Securely manage local system and server files and folders.
- Here users can handle multiple servers at a time without any hassle.
- Bookmark facility lets users save their place in a folder on a local computer and server.
FlashFXP is a significant FTP client that comes with a simple Windows-based GUI to file transfer between the remote server and local system. In addition to FTP, It also helps to connect the server through FTPS, and SFTP. The application is also available in Chinese, Dutch, French, German, and other languages. Like a FileZilla, it also presents all server data on one side and the entire local system data on the other side. It also provides multiple superb features, like- multi-firewall and proxy support, remote editing with automatic and manual uploading, speed limiting, automated transfer scheduling, server file searching, priority transfer lists, extensive file transfer rules, user-customizable interface, and others.
- Provides 100% valuable result without losing a single bit of data loss.
- Offers drag & drop file transfer technique to quickly transfer files.
- Allow users to transfer between client to server and one server to another server.
- Securely supports gateway, firewalls, proxy, and safe SLL/TLS connection.
- The software helps to set a File transfer rule to effectively exchange files.
CuteFTP [Windows, MAC]
CuteFTP is another best FTP client application that is designed in easy mode to share data. Here users can securely take backup and sync site files from the main window. The software helps to create scripts to frequently synchronize the user sites. It provides high data security as well as it greatly works on both Windows and Mac systems. The application offers superior support so that users can easily solve their issues.
- Helps to create, open, and edit HTML documents with a color-coded HTML editor.
- Provides Tappin facility to safely share files between desktop and mobile devices.
- Support FTP/S(SSL), HTTP/S(SSL), and SFTP(SSH2) protocol.
- One Time Password authentication also available to safely exchange files and folders.
- Enables users to use file compression and OpenPGP encryption techniques.
- Allows users to safely backup or synchronize their sites.
WS_FTP Professional [Windows]
WS_FTP Professional is one of the easiest FTP Client to upload files on the server and download files from the server. It provides High-Tec securer while sharing files so that users happily purchase this software. Here users can synchronize their files with a wide range of servers and devices. This application also comes with a drag & drop facility that provides high speed in file transfer. The program offers users to select and transfer multiple files at a time.
- This is 100% safe and secure software to transfer files.
- Enables users to transfer files through FTP, SSH / SFTP, and SSL / FTPS.
- It offers users to share files with 256-bit AES, OpenPGP file encryption, and FIPS 140-2 validated cryptography.
- Here uses can exchange data from one server to another server.
- Allows users to enable email notifications, compression, syncing, and backups.
The above 8 are the best FTP clients for Windows and Mac OS and I’m sure you’ve already heard some of them. So what is waiting, try it and share this post with your colleagues and useful people? Also, please comment for more information related to the post.